Wednesday, October 22, 2008

TVXQ goodies finally arrived!

After waiting for 2 months I finally got my TVXQ goodies and I have to say that I'm quite impressed to say the least. I had already downloaded the O album – sorry guys- because it takes such a long time and all my savings to buy TVXQ music online (as explained in other posts, due to devaluation in my country CDs cost us 3 times as much as if we were buying them here and in any case they don’t sell them here). But since the sound quality wasn’t good I thought it over (for about 2 seconds) and placed my order with YesAsia. It took them 2 months and all my anger on the phone to get my stuff here but it was worth it.
CD was really nice, unfortunately I will have to ask a Korean friend of a friend to translate TVXQ’s dedications but the pics are really nice. I already knew the O album was superb. It also comes with another CD with extra footage, interviews and photoshoots.
But the DVD.... People! I have to say that all TVXQ overseas fans should buy these DVDs since we cannot attend those concerts on the other side of the world.
The DVD is 3 hours long, it comes in a nice box containing 2 CDS and 1 calendar. Unfortunately mine was defective and it only had 4 months instead of the 12 that should have been included boohoooo... It also comes with a small photobook with images of the concert.
The concert was really good although I didn’t understand the war images concept. Maybe because I loathe war images? I understood that they were showing them as if saying “we are against this” but I’m not sure if it is wise to show that kind of imagery to an audience mainly consisting of teens. In any case, the show was great. I wasn’t very happy when I heard they started with “Phantom” since it is one of the 2 songs in the album that I do not like but it was ok. The performance of Hey Girl with the girls and the chairs was really good. I loved the images before “Remember” with all the portraits on the wall and the little girl apart from the fact that I adore that song. The images and theatrical performance before “One” were magical and the song was simply beautiful (and soul-wrenching at the same time, I don’t know why this song makes me feel like that whenever I listen to it). There was one thing that I really enjoyed and that was Junsu’s solo performance of “My page”. I was like “what the hell??” When he started dancing like that I almost fell off my chair! When did he learn to dance like that??? Did he learn to move his hips with our Colombian Shakira??? I think that out of the 5, Xiah has a body to die for but if anyone needs evidence to confirm this please watch that performance. Changminnie got me smiling at the screen like an idiot when he sang “When I first kissed you” but that’s the effect he has on me almost all the time... I also liked Micky’s “One last cry”. I definitely did not like Jae’s solo “Crying” not because of him but because I do not like the song.
All in all it is a great show, they even showed footage of Changmin’s birthday celebration on stage and some extra footage (making of DVD), I’m really happy with it.









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hola!! Encontré tu blog de casualidad.
Es bueno ver que somos varias las que compramos CDs y DVDs originales (aunque nos cuesten un ojo, un brazo y la nariz también) no sólo para apoyar a los artistas sino para disfrutarlos con la calidad que tienen realmente (y no hay copia o rip que lo iguale, por muy HQ que sea)

El 'O' Concert es espectacular, tiene una puesta en escena super cuidada realmente.(aunque el lipsynch sigue resultándome un poco mmmm...)

Buenooo, no molesto más. Saludoss!!

nati-chan said...

No molestas para nada, de hecho creo que sos la segunda que deja un comentario en mi blog y eso a una siempre la pone contenta ;-)
Tengo que actualizar el blog porque hace 3 semanas me llego MIROTIC y todavia no publique las fotos y la entrada pero lo hare en estos dias.
Muchas Gracias x tu comentario!