Wednesday, October 22, 2008

My gin tonic


Do you have a favorite drink?
I do; mine is gin and tonic with lemon. I really enjoy having one whenever I go to an Irish pub with friends. And with salted pop-corn they can be so addictive. I’ve tried other drinks and cocktails but I always find myself asking for a gin and tonic when I go out. I have an English friend (actually he is Scottish) who says gin and tonics are drinks for old ladies with cats in Britain (??). I don’t care, I just like them (maybe because I AM an old lady??? In any case I have no cats, I like dogs better...)
The title is this entry is also the title of a song by Andres Calamaro “Mi Gin Tonic”, lyrics below. It seems this drink inspired him to write a song...

Para ver bailar voy a un club mientras muerdo el limónde un gin tonic usado … en tu cadera,no me digas que voy a tener que ir a ver a tu grupo del siglo pasado,en la bombonera.
Hay días para quedarse a mirar,
hay días en que hay poco para ver,
hay días sospechosamente light,
hay un deseo que pido siempre que pasa un tren.
Para ver bailar voy a un club mientras muerdo el limónde un gin tonic usado … en tu cadera,todo bien porque voy a comer como un reyen tu agencia de coches usados … entre colegas.
Hay días para quedarse a mirar,
hay días en que hay poco para ver,
hay días sospechosamente light,
hay un deseo que pido siempre que pasa un tren.
También hay un deseo que pido siempre, que pasa un tren.
Hay un deseo que pido siempre, que pasa un tren.

No comments: