Thursday, October 23, 2008

About the Mirotic new look


Since Mirotic was released last September there has been a storm of comments regarding the new looks of TVXQ’s boys. I guess fans were shocked to find out they had sort of left their cute image behind and adopted a “sexier” look. Yes, the change was shocking. I always try to focus on their music and I’ve managed to do that so far because I could not relate to their boyish image in the past days. But now that the boys are gone and 5 handsome men are there instead I’m not sure if I’ll be able to keep my mouth shut....
At least I have to comment on Micky’s new look. Boy, when I saw the Mirotic pics I was like “quien es ese chicooo, who’s that boy?” (Madonna’s music in the background). It’s like I was seeing Micky for the first time in my life. I knew he was there because of his voice, yes, but I had never looked at him twice in the past. It’s not that I thought he was unattractive or anything, he simply didn’t catch my attention before... Now, thanks to his stylist he has ALL MY ATTENTION!
First of all, in the Mirotic MV when he was inside the crystal cage and tilted his head to the side showing his neck, that was the exact second I discovered him! Ke ke, why do necks have that effect on me...aish. But then with the pics! I just thought: absolutely smexy. Not so many people are happy with his new hair but I ADORE IT. I think it brings out the best of him. Oh and he hasn’t stopped showing me his neck or half opened eyes/mouth so he now has me drooling all over the keyboard like an idiot! I have to say 10 points to Micky’s new look (the pic in this entry is the one I’m using as my desktop background right now).
About the others: Well, Changmin has certainly grown up. A lot. I’m not so enthusiastic about his hair color or do, doesn’t he look like that guy from Shinee? But he’s my favorite TVXQ ♥ so I’ll support him anyways. Even if I get bricks thrown at me, I like his hair when it’s long and messy.
Junsu: I understand that everybody had to have a new look but in his case I think the Becks style (gelled spikes) he had during the “O” period was the one that suited him best. Since he has a sort of rounded face, the O style made his face look thinner. In any case, his new look was ok in black. I didn’t like it when he changed to a deep red a few days after the Mirotic showcase but I forgive him; I think he has the sexiest body of them all. Junsu should adopt Jeans and black T-shirts as his uniform; he looks so damn good in them!
Jaejoong: Well, we all know anything looks good on him. I really like his new haircut and color (I think it was kind of plum color). I’m not so eager about him showing his body any chance he has; he’s way too thin. I’m glad he kind of stopped putting his hand over his mouth when he laughs, it really got on my nerves when he did that.
Yunho: I’m really worried about him. If he was a girl I’d say he looks... anorexic. I won’t add anything else not to sound mean but boy please start eating cheeseburgers, you look so much better with a couple of extra kilos. Haircut is ok, not so sure about the color.
All in all I like the new Mirotic image. There certainly is a before and after this look and we fans are more than happy to see a sexier side of TVXQ ^ ^ .

No comments: